Last Updated: July 14, 2023
Welcome to Myavana. Myavana provides personalized hair care recommendations for your hair journey. Myavana uses a blend of artificial intelligence and hair care experts to instantly provide customized "Healthy Hair Care Plans" (the “Service”). This Service is accessible via the website www.Myavana.com and mobile application (the “Site and Application” and “Application”).
Unless otherwise defined in this Policy, terms used in this Policy have the same meanings as in our Myavana Terms of Service, accessible at http://www.Myavana.com/terms. As used in this Policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information includes using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information over the public Internet, within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Data Collection and Use.
We collect information about you when you use this Site and Application primarily to: (i) Process your order and manage your account (ii) facilitate your recommendations and consultations, (iii) maintain and improve our Service; (iv) administer your membership; and (v) enable Members to enjoy and easily navigate the Site and Application. Myavana securely stores your data through Amazon Web Services. Myavana will keep your data for the lifecycle of your account. You may request your data to be deleted at any time.
Our HairAI™ technology requests a real-time selfie image or an uploaded selfie image from your device. We use a combination of machine learning tools and statistical algorithms to identify your hair characteristics from the selfie provided, to perform hair analysis that generates your unique hair type and texture. We use this data to allow us to better assess your hair and provide relevant product recommendations. In operation of this tool, we collect consumer data, including your selfie image, to process this data strictly in accordance with our data protection standards. We analyze the selfies to provide each user a personalized set hair product recommendations.
Our HairSI™ technology analyzes the physical composition as the condition of the hair strand. No biometric data is captured or stored at this time. We dispose of all hair samples after analysis and data capture of the strand diameter, curl pattern, porosity level, elasticity range, density, and overall health. We store the hair strand data so that our customers can access their results and recommendations over time as they are following their personalized healthy hair care plan, its regimens and as they change their hairstyles. You can request for your data to be deleted at any time.
We also use this information to further develop future product recommendations. Other than the purposes of generating a personalized healthy hair care plan, improving the accuracy of our hair product recommendation algorithm, and fueling our internal research & development, we do not use, disclose, or sell your hair images or personally identifiable data for any other commercial purposes. We will not use selfies and face-related data for purposes of recognizing or identifying an individual consumer.
We may continue to retain results of a hair assessment indefinitely from the date of collection for purposes of research, product development, market analytics, quality control, and the development and improvement of the HairAI™ and HairSI™ technology and product recommendations.
Myavana would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Myavana for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Myavana correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Myavana to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Myavana erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Myavana restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Myavana’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Myavana transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personally Identifiable Information.
When you register with us through the Site and Application to become a Member of Myavana, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, free-form hair goals and hair history, email address, and phone number. You can choose to link your Myavana Account with certain third party social networking Site and Applications (“SNS”) (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest) via our Site and Application. If you decide to link your Account to a SNS, we will extract the Personal Information you have provided to the SNS (such as your name, email address, and any other information you make publicly available via the SNS) from the account you have with such SNS and use that information to update your Myavana Account; the information we extract may depend on the privacy settings you have with the SNS. By linking your Account with a SNS, you are allowing Myavana to access your SNS account information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies posted on the SNSs you may choose to link to your Myavana Account.
- We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Service and administer your interactions our team of experts and/or with other Members. We will create your Account for your use of the Site and Application based upon the Personal Information you provide and you will become a Member of Myavana.
- We also collect the other information that you provide when personalizing your profile webpage on Myavana (e.g., without limitation, age, gender, location and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- We may use your Personal Information with the SNSs that you have linked to your Account.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information may be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers in such a way that enables you to be identified (for example, combining your zip code with your street address). But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Myavana Members to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Site and Application and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product recommendation to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Myavana service information, customer communications, newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information. (See “Changing or Deleting Information,” below.)
- Log Data. When you visit the Site and Application, whether as a Member or a non-registered user (a “Myavana User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a webSite and Application (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as the browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site and Application, pages of our Site and Application that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site and Application, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and Application, and the Service and for the Site and Application’s technical administration, to increase our Site and Application’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Site and Application and Application to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Site and Application again, it will recognize you and serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site and Application meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Myavana. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, release your credit card information, login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s webSite and Application.
Information Sharing and Disclosure.
Myavana Users. When you register through the Site and Application and submit Personal Information to create a profile, we will store your information for service purposes. Providing additional Personal Information is voluntary and should correlate with the degree of interaction you want to have with Myavana Experts. We recommend that you guard your sensitive information.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site and Application related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site and Application and Application’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Application, and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Social Networking Site and Applications. We may share the information in your Account (including your Personal Information) with the SNSs that you have linked to your Account. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only for this purpose (unless the SNS has received your Personal Information independently of the Service) and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement.
Myavana cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Myavana or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Myavana may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information.
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their Account by contacting us or by editing such profile via the Site and Application. If you completely delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site and Application or via the Application in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system. While we have in place administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect the information we collect online, we cannot guarantee the safety of our database(s), nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Your information may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, Myavana transfers Personal Information to the United States and processes it there. Your consent to this Policy followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
Links to Other Site and Applications.
Our Site and Application may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by “clicking on” a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that links to a website or banner ad or other type of advertisement may be posted on our Site and Application is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites and you acknowledge that Myavana is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and further agree that Myavana is not responsible for the content of such third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other Site and Applications follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other webSite and Applications you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children.
This Site and Application is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Any changes or updates to this Policy will be posted on our WebSite and Application, with the effective date listed at the top. By continuing use of the WebSite and Application after we post any such changes, you accept the Policy as modified. Please check back often to read the most updated and amended Policy.